Fungal skin infections can be a pretty nasty entity, not just for the patient but for the doctor himself. It is very common to see relapses and flaring up of the disease. Homeopathic remedies help in treatment of ringworm and prevent recurrences.
As mentioned in the previous post, topical antifungals creams and steroids will definitely suppress the fungal infection from the skin. However, they dont always cure it. The ringworm might recur again very quickly. Sometimes extensive use of steroidal creams will completely alter the picture of the disease (as seen in tinea incognito). Such cases become a real challenge for the doctor.
Homeopathy has readily accepted these challenges and it has definitely shown results with flying colors. I want to give you a transparent picture of the scenario. For instance, a patient has suffered from ringworm for many years. He has been continually taking steroid based creams and finally gives up. The disease might get very bad, and he seeks for a cure. If such a patient would have arrived to the homeopathic physician from the first time he had ringworm, he wouldn’t have suffered so much.
It is beneficial to take homeopathic remedies in the treatment for your ringworm infection, because there are no side effects or relapses.
This post is for the intention to give you an idea about which homeopathic remedies are commonly used for treatment of ringworm infections. But bear in mind that Homeopathy is a holistic and individualistic approach. The best judgement as to which homeopathic remedy would be suitable for you, can only be given by your skilled homeopathic practitioner.
SPECIFIC REMEDIES :
Certain Homeopathic remedies are used when the ringworm is of acute origin or there is an acute exacerbation of the disease. They are considered almost specific for ringworm. Also sometimes when there are not many characteristic symptoms in the case, specific remedies may be used.
The remedies used with their indications are :
ARSENICUM ALBUM : For scalp ringworm with burning better by heat
- Scalp ringworm. Scalp itches intolerably in tinea capitis (scalp ringworm). Rough dirty, circular bare spots on head, with dry scales.
- Itching, BURNING, swelling of parts
- Skin is dry, rough and scaly worse from scratching.
- Papular red, raised eruptions
- Burning skin better by warm application.
- Great anxiety and restlessness with all complaints.
- Thirst increased for small quantities of water at short intervals.
- Ringworm in scalp with raised red eruptions and patchy bald spots
- Quick results in ringworm with past history of chest affections.
- Useful for ringworm of scalp and body.
- Vesicular, fluid filled lesion of the skin with foul smelling discharge and crust formation.
- Violent itching of thighs, legs and folds of skin.
SEPIA : For ringworm in isolated spots
- Ringworm occurring in isolated spots throughout the body especially on bends of knees, elbows.
- Intense itching not relieved by scratching.
- Recurrence of ringworm eruptions every spring.
- Excessive sweating on feet between toes, giving foul odor.
- Aggravation by cold air, washing hands and feet. Amelioration by warmth of bed.
- Mental symptoms are characteristic with indifference, irritability, sad, melancholy, aversion to family and occupation.
TELLURIUM : For ringworm in large areas of the body
- Ringworm on large surfaces of the body which are widespread. Start as small lesions which join to cover large part of the body.
- Tellurium shows characteristic ring-like lesions with offensive odor from affected parts.
- Lesions have itching and stinging sensation.
- Itching of scalp with red spots and offensive foetid discharges.
- Eruptions behind the ear with swelling and throbbing with offensive discharge.
- Ringworm is worse from cold.
PSORINUM : For ringworm of scalp and bends of joints with silvery scales
- Ringworm eruptions especially on scalp and bends of joints with intense itching.
- Itching aggravated by warmth of bed
- Hair appears dry, lustreless and dirty looking and rough.
- Filthy smell of secretions. Very offensive smell from body
- Extremely sensitive to cold. They desire warmth even in summer and always take covering.
- Ringworm eruptions around fingernails.
SULPHUR : For ringworm with intense itching, burning and redness
- Sulphur is a very useful remedy in all kinds of skin diseases and even in ringworm
- Lesions of ringworm are raised and fiery red in appearance. Angry looking eruptions
- Ringworm occurring on trunk, face and arms
- Intense itching which is not relieved even after scratching. Voluptuous itching till he scratches the skin off. As a result, it bleeds.
- Unhealthy looking skin aggravated by washing. Does not want to bathe.
- Itching aggravated at night driving patient to insomnia
MEZERIUM : For scalp ringworm with thick leathery scabs
- Intolerable itching with sensitivity to cold.
- Lesions are surrounded by fluid filled boils with shiny fiery red center.
- Lesions leave behind thick scabs under which pus accumulates.
- Thick leathery crusty scabs on scalp with pus discharge.
CONSTITUTIONAL REMEDIES :
Ringworm is a chronic disease and most often there is a fundamental cause to develop this condition. Constitutional remedies are given by seeing the person as a whole. All his symptoms are taken into consideration. Firstly, his mental symptoms (emotions, intellect, behaviour, disposition). Secondly, his general physical symptoms (changes in appetite, thirst, cravings, aversions, whether he can tolerate hot or cold). Thirdly, his particular physical symptoms (related to the disease like itching, redness). Only characteristic, peculiar symptoms are taken into consideration and not the common symptoms. Hence, the remedy obtained is covering the patient as a whole and is most suitable to the patient and results in cure.
If you have any queries regarding homeopathic remedies or want treatment for skin ailments, feel free to drop a mail at email@example.com. Also please subscribe to this blog if you want to get notified about our upcoming posts. And if you have any suggestions for blog posts, please write it down in the comments below!
Remember that we are in this together and we will get through it together! Be home and stay safe!
Author- Dr. Tasneem .H. Soni
FOR APPOINTMENT FILL IN THE FORM AND MAIL US OR YOU CAN CONTACT US THROUGH WHATSAPP